Gyan Abhiyan Cycle Yatra 2013
Creating awareness towards community participation in ensuring quality education
Duration: 12th December – 16th December 2013
Flag off point: Rauta Village, Ariari Block, Sheikhpura District
Route Map for the Cycle Yatra 2013
Deep Kunj, Bangali Para, Rajgir,
Ph: 06112 255486
Gyan Abhiyan Cycle Yatra, Bihar, 2013
(Quality Education Awareness Campaign)
In year 2011, Saral Services, not for profit social organization, had launched campaign for quality education in Nalanda District. There was 10 days long cycle yatra, named Gyan Abhiyan Yatra, where Saral Services contacted 50 schools including government and private (www.saralservices.org/wordpress). Students and teachers welcomed the campaign and supported the effort for improving the quality of education in schools. Yatra was successful and created a network of people in Nalanda, known as Nalanda Nikhar.
In the year 2012, the yatra was once again organised by Saral Services with support from Nalanda Nikhar and Jeevika. The main objective of yatra was awareness building on quality education and popularize Samjhe Sikhen, a 20 point quality indicator supported by BEP and GoB for ensuring quality education. The yatra was scheduled from November 26th to December 2nd, 2012. It was a success that there was participation from a large number of members of Village Organizations promoted by Jeevika. Nalanda District Administration also participated in the yatra. During the yatra we focused on the two points from Samjhe Sikhen i.e. regular parent teacher’s meeting and complete and comprehensive evaluation of the child.
Enthusiastic with response in last two yatras, we have now planned Gyan Abhiyan Yatra 2013 with the following objectives
- To have cycle-adventure, fun and learn rural reality, especially the education
- To Carry out focus group discussion on the recommendations of the Study report by Saral Services and UNICEF on strengthening of parent teacher association (PTA), Bal Sansad and Meena Manch
- To understand the education in schools of one cluster resource centre (CRC) in Sheikhpura District
- To Spread the message of quality education in both public and private schools of 10-12 villages covering one CRC
- To document the individual’s experience during the yatra, share the same at Block/ District and State level.
Output of the Awareness Campaign
- The Yatra will cover 10-12 villages of one Common Resource Centre (CRC)
- Report on the 9 recommendations of the Saral-UNICEF study.
- Report on the experiences of the participants
- Report for sharing at Block, District and State level
- Identify local resources for quality education
Nalanda Nikhar and Saral Services propose to have cycle yatra for a week to meet people for building the awareness on quality education. A core team of 5-10 people will go on a cycle yatra from Rauta (Ariari Block and Sheikhpura District) and cover 10-12 schools in 5 days. Team will start from same place and visit different schools every day with a target to cover 2-3 schools per day. Team will start the day at 10 AM and end by 5 PM.
The team will halt at Rauta CRC School. On the 5th day, where a small function will be conducted with interested youths, parents on quality education
12th November to 16th December 2013 (Abhiyan will begin on November 12th from Rauta village and will conclude in the same village after covering all the villages of the CRC)
Participants – Types and Enrolled Participants
Nalanda Nikhar proposes to have three set of participants:
Yellow Participants: Participants for the entire yatra and their number could be up to 10
- Dr. Mithilesh Prasad, Principal Narayana Vihar, Griyak
- Mr. Subodh Gupta, Managing Director, Safal Solutions, Hyderabad
Blue Participants: Participants for one or two days of yatra, who will join in morning and leaves the yatra in the evening.
- Mr. Sangam Bharati, Teacher, Pureline, Biharsharif
- Mr. Ajun Akela, Principal, Gyan Jyoti, Biharsharif
- Ms. Smita Rawat, Group General Manager, IRCTC, Hyderabad
- Mr. Subrat Mishra, Executive Director, Saral Services, Secunderabad
- Mr. Bipul Kumar, Sr. Executive, Saral Services, Rajgir
Red Participants: Participants involved in organizing the yatra, who will ensure the arrangement for night stay, meetings and discussions. They will also be responsible for taking notes during the yatra and putting them on the web site.
- Mr. Santosh Kumar, Office Admin, Saral Services, Rajgir. Mobile + 91 + 9534393536
- Mr. Purushottam Prasad, In charge of CALC, Saral Services, Rajgir, firstname.lastname@example.org , Mobile + 91 + 9431274205
Registration of Participation
All who have interest in education are welcome to join the yatra. Participants can register themselves for the yatra by sending their profiles to GACY2013@saralservices.org.
We welcome donations to support the yatra. Donation in the form of cheque / demand draft can be sent in the name of “Saral Services” payable at “Secunderabad”. Donations can also be transferred electronically using following details
Name of the account – Saral Services
Name of the Bank – State Bank of India
Account Number – 30012540053
IFSC code – SBIN0002802
Swift/BIC code – SBININBB321
Items to carried by Yellow Participants
Yellow participants who are willing to stay in night should bring sleeping bag, mosquito net / repellent cream, and torch.
Saral Services would coordinate Gyan Abhiyan Yatra and will arrange -
i. Night halt: staying, Bed, toilet, food
ii. Documentation: day reflection, photographs, uploading to blog
iii. Route plan: coordinate people joining for a day or for entire campaign
iv. Resource Materials: Study report by Saral Services and UNICEF, Other ICE materials on quality education
Task Force to Support the Campaign
- Mr. Subrat Kumar Mishra, Executive Director, Saral Services, Secunderabad. email@example.com , Mobile + 91 + 9491403310
- Mr. Mithilesh Prasad, Principal, Narayan Vidya Vihar, Griyak. Mobile + 91 + 9931961409
For any other information, clarifications please contact Saral Services, Secunderabad and Rajgir on + 91 + 40 + 27992961 / 27790176 and + 91 + 6112 + 255486 on any weekdays.